Are you fed up with Outlook error 0x800CCC0e?
I guess yes, that is why you are here.
Don’t worry, as today with this article I will tell you some of the most simple and easy ways to troubleshoot or resolve Microsoft Outlook 0X800ccc0e error.
What is 0X800CCC0E Microsoft Outlook Error?
It is one of the most common errors faced by Windows users. The error can be a real risk to the safety of your computer. A lot of time you get this message.
“Synchronizing subscribed folder with Outlook has reported error 0X800CCC0E” and “Outlook error 0X800CC0E cannot connect to the server”
The error can spread in any versions of MS/Microsoft Outlook. Be it Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, 2012, 2013, and even in MS Outlook 2016.
Causes of Microsoft/MS Outlook Error 0X800CCC0E?
One can’t expect to solve this error if one doesn’t know the actual reasons behind it.
So, let’s find out the reasons.
- Hindrance in accessing or sending emails
- Windows system file damage
- An incomplete installation
- Strife between SMTP servers while using an email program.
- Improper deletion of applications or hardware
You may also read: How To Resolver Microsoft Outlook Error 0X800CCC97
How to Resolve or Fix IMAP 0X800CCC0E Error Easily?
An Outlook error needs to be fixed quickly as you can’t afford to lose your important emails just like that. Here, are some easy and free manual ways to resolve error 0X800CCC0E.
Check Internet Connectivity
It is suggested to have a good internet connection for Outlook emails to work smoothly. It might be a possibility that the internet connections is not proper or up to the mark. So, always remember to check all the internet connections between, Outlook and Exchange.
Check Outlook Email Account Settings
Another reason for the error can be wrong Incoming, Outgoing, or Username and account password settings. So ensure all the account settings are correct. The method to configure settings may be different in different versions of MS Outlook.
Check Firewall Settings
Check the firewall settings in your system and set the priority with Outlook and other email clients.
Delete Risky and Suspicious Emails.
If you find any emails which look risky and suspicious remove them immediately from your Outlook mailbox.
Change the Server Timeout
The default time set by Outlook is 1 minute, which is not sufficient for larger files to transfer. So, you can increase the time to 3 minutes and try clicking on send/receive option again to check the difference.
Hope all the above-mentioned steps will be helpful in resolving IMAP 0x800ccc0e error.
Unfortunately, if the above methods doesn’t work for you then you can also resolve MS Outlook error 0X800ccc0e with the below steps:
- Open MS Outlook
- In the ‘Tool’menu select the Account settings option double click on it.
- Click on “Email” tab and choose the email account which is showing error.
- Click on the chosen Email in order to go to the “More” Settings
- A new window will open which will show all the details you have mentioned during configuration of account.
- Once you’re done with checking all the basic details and examining each of them.
- Click on the “Outgoing server” and “My ongoing server requires Authentication” checkbox
- Click on the “Ok” button and you’re done in configuring the email account in Outlook.
So, here are the ways through which how you can easily recover error 0x800ccc0e for free.